When to force the restart of the iPhone
Surely it has never happened to you, but the hard reset of the iPhone 8 is useful when, for example:
- An application hangs or hangs or hangs.
- It can also serve us in the event that the device does not respond to touches on the screen, or to the power (Power) or start (Home) buttons.
Before explaining the procedure, it is important to emphasize that this action will not erase your iPhone and the only data that you can lose are the last changes you made in an application before the iPhone freeze.
Guide to force the reset or hard reset of the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
With the arrival of the iPhone 7, Apple changed to a new home button or Home button; With the arrival of the iPhone 8, the Californian company continues to maintain the same system as that model.
In the event that you come from having devices like the iPhone 6 or older, then you will not be able to use the same combination of buttons to restart the iPhone 8.
To force the restart of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, you will no longer have to use the Home or Home button. In this case the start button is no longer a physical button so it can not be sensitive.
For this reason, below we tell you what are the steps to restart your iPhone 8:
- Press and hold the power button and decrease the volume for 5 seconds.
- Wait for your iPhone 8 to restart.
- After said time (five seconds) or more, the phone will reboot and you will see the Apple logo on the screen.
The iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus should restart in less than a minute and show you the home screen so you can use your iPhone again.
Things to keep in mind when forcing the restart of the iPhone 8
It is important to keep in mind that when doing a hard reset or forcing a restart of the iPhone 8:
- You will have to enter your blocking code to be able to access, even if you use the Touch ID, since to activate it you need to enter the code again.
- This does not eliminate applications, photos, or texts stored on your device. In the event that you are writing an email or a note, you may have missed the last part of what you have written, so it is a good idea to wait a bit before restarting, if possible.
In the event that the iPhone 8 is constantly frozen, and you detect that this happens whenever you use the same application or do the same action, we recommend that you reinstall the application or look for possible updates in the App Store, to see if it works better .
Keep in mind that it is not normal to have to force the iPhone 8 restart very often. If that happens, then you should resort to your iPhone’s warranty for an Apple Genius to check your device and assess the problem.
Have you already had to force a reboot of your iPhone 8?